Alfredo Gómez debuts with Rieju
GOOD DEBUT FOR ALFREDO GÓMEZ WITH RIEJU IN THE SUPERENDURO, FINISHING SIXTH IN THE PRESTIGE CLASS.
On Saturday the 10th of December 2022, we saw the start of the first round of the SuperEnduro at the Tauron Arena in Krakow (Poland), a qualifying event for the FIM SuperEnduro World Championship 2023. The race was watched live by 14,000 spectators who enjoyed the spectacle of the best international riders of the speciality.
Alfredo Gómez made his debut with the Rieju Team, competing in the top class at the controls of the MR PRO 300.
Alfredo, who after a year without competing in this speciality and with a new bike, logically felt the lack of running-in, started from the second row in the first of the three Prestige finals, on a track with soft and technical sand that left a difficult terrain. With an explosive start, the Rieju rider was behind the leading riders, maintaining an intense battle throughout the race, finishing fifth.
In the second final, Alfredo started from the front row and thanks to a fast start he took first place, leading the race during the first lap, although shortly after he was caught by some of his rivals, finally crossing the chequered flag in sixth position.
In the third and last final of the afternoon, Gómez started from the second row, getting stuck shortly after the start with a group of riders who relegated him to the last places, this forced him to recover positions lap after lap, finding traffic in front of him that made it difficult to overtake, finishing this round in seventh place.
With the sum of these results, Alfredo Gómez finishes this first round in sixth position in the Prestige class.
Alfredo Gómez: “Well, I finished sixth, although I could have finished fifth, but I had a bit of bad luck in the timed practice, as my chain came off on the first lap and this penalised me, I got very tired and stiff when I put it on, I guess from the same stress and I finished the practice eleventh. This penalised me and I had to start from the second row on the first and third grids. With the inverted grid, I started first, finishing sixth. I still need a bit of practice, but for my first race, good!”
- Spain’s oldest active manufacturer. A family business with 100%-owned capital.
- It produces 20,000 vehicles/year in 38 different models.
- It exports 90% of its production to more than 35 countries. Direct distribution in Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom.
- A consolidated track record and experience in the sector, with more than 500,000 units manufactured.
- Since 2006 it’s been the market leader in Spain and Europe with a 32% market share (in 50 cc).
- Europe’s leading brand in low-capacity motorbikes with a gearbox.
- A pioneer in the production of custom motorbikes since 2006.
- Concerned about sustainability, it started producing electric motorbikes in 2010.
- Gross income 2021: €48M.